In this week’s episode of Unlocking Big Magic, Lesley and I talk about the Enchantment chapter of the book, Big Magic. This chapter is about ideas: where they might come from, what happens if you act on them and what happens if you don’t.
Elizabeth Gilbert talks about the indescribable magic of creativity. Some of the stories and examples are a bit ‘woo’ and having experienced some of what she describes, I totally buy into it.
We cover the following topics:
- How to create a partnership with an idea and not be its slave or master
- How to let go of the tortured artist persona
- Trusting in the abundance of ideas
- Understanding that success or failure doesn’t matter
- Accessing the realm of artistic ideas
- Bringing ideas to fruition
- How the view of genius has changed over the centuries and why the role of the ego has crept in — and what you can do about that.
You can listen to the episode here: