If you are always making excuses as to why you can’t, or shouldn’t, get on with your creative practice then the Permission chapter of Big Magic is for you.
It’s packed with stories and information that will dismantle each of your excuses and leave you free to get on with the work. But if you want to keep being stuck with those excuses, then you’d better close this web window down immediately.
This episode is for you if:
- You think there’s no point doing your thing because other people have already “done that”
- You think you need someone else’s permission to spend time with your creative pursuits
- You don’t feel qualified to put your work out into the world.
- You worry about what other people will think of you and your work.
- You struggle to get into regular creative activity.
Here’s my favourite quote from the chapter — “Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart.” Isn’t that amazing!
You can watch the video below.
If you prefer an audio file or to read the transcript then click through to the Gentle Creative blog:
Do You Need Permission To Be Creative? - Gentle Creative
If you are always making excuses as to why you can't, or shouldn't, get on with your creative practice then the…
Originally published at The Gentle Creative
Get The Gentle Creative Manifesto — 28 tips to help you slay your creative demons, make time to create and enjoy your creative journey.